tirsdag den 20. marts 2012

Review: Confiserie Heidel, Milk Chocolate


I have to admit that I have never heard of Confiserie Heidel, who manufactured this bar. Confiserie might be traslated as candy store, which seems quite right for an Easter chocolate for kids. A friend presented this bar to me in order that I review it. I was not sure what to expect of it. On the one hand the wrapper did not signal a high quality bar, but on the other hand it did boast of having 37% cocoa a relatively large amount for a milk chocolate. I know that the percentage is not in and of itself a sign of good quality. However, I thought that a manufacturer who is willing to invest so much relatively expensive cocoa in a milk chocolate bar would not do so without also caring about making high quality chocolate.

The bar is described as a “Whole milk chocolate of high quality”, with a minimum of 37% cocoa solids. It does contain vanillin (artificial vanilla) which strikes me as a bit odd considering that the manufacturer used a whopping 37% cocoa and then opted for artificial vanilla.

I will refrain from evaluating the wrapper of this Easter offering. However, as I mentioned I do not think that the wrapper signals high quality. The chocolate itself does have a nice shine and a nice light brown colour. Appearance: 7, 5 out of 10.

The aroma is nice and sweet and dominated by dairy and cocoa. Aroma: 7, 5 out of 10.

The snap is almost non-existent in this one and disappointing even for a milk chocolate. Otherwise it has a nice and light texture which is not too sticky and often a problem with milk chocolate. Texture: 5, 5 out
of 10.

The flavour of this chocolate is a rather bland, which strikes me as odd, as this is not usually the case with milk chocolate offerings that are normally rather sweet. It does have a very, with slight hint of caramel and a slightly bitter aftertaste, again something not usually found in milk chocolate. Flavbour: 7 out of 10.

Average: 6, 875

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...