lørdag den 3. marts 2012

Review: Irma’s Organic Dark Chocolate with peppermint filling


I have previously stated that I am not convinced by the proposition of chocolate with a cream filling infused with peppermint oil. This proposition did somewhat change my mind. It is not that I was blown away or anything like that. But the execution was much better than what I have reviewed on the blog so far. It is, after all, possible to mass produce a decent peppermint chocolate!

This organic and Fairtrade certified offering from Irma’s private label (Danish supermarket) is described as a “Dark Chocolate with peppermint filling – 68% cocoa content”. The wrapper does not state who produced this bar but I suspect it was produced at Ludwig Weinrich’s, as are some of the other bars in Irma’s range.

The wrapper looks OK, though to my taste the colour scheme is a little too dark. However, the wrapper does succeed in conveying the type of proposition, fulfilling an important function. The chocolate itself is nice looking. Appearance: 7 out of 10.

The aroma appears well balanced and not too strong in the peppermint department. This allows the chocolate aroma to come out nicely and it is clearly discernable in contrast, to for example, Ritter Sport’s peppermint bar I reviewed here and the Fazer mints I reviewed here. Aroma: 8 out of 10.

The chocolate has an excellent snap and good melt. The peppermint cream is slightly sticky, though this is not too serious. Texture: 7, 5 out of 10.

The chocolate flavour is quite nice and well compliments the peppermint filling. The peppermint flavour is a bit on the strong side, though clearly toned down and, in my opinion, superior compared to the Fazer mints and the Ritter Sport Peppermint varieties. It is also less sweet, which is nice. The chocolate (or the cream) has good fruit in the flavour. Flavour: 7, 5 out of 10.

I consider this an overall well executed proposition, even though I am not too fond of the peppermint cream/chocolate combo and in my opinion it is superior to many similar offerings. If you are a fan of this type of offering I think you will like this bar.

Average: 7, 5 out of 10.

1 kommentar:

  1. Fantastic Post! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating organic peppermint

    SvarSlet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...