tirsdag den 27. september 2011

Review: Nestlé Lion Bar


This Lion bar takes me back to when I was a kid. I recall being around 8 or 10 years old, when seeing an ad for this bar in a football magazine. It looked darn delicious and I just had to have it. It probably was the first bar I bought because of an ad. I don’t recall if I liked it or not back then – though I probably did. When I saw it at the store the other day I just had to get a few to sample.

I find the wrapper to bombastic to be really attractive. The bar has some appeal though I did not find it overly attractive to behold. A more shiny milk chocolate would make it a great looking bar. Alternatively the bar might be decorated, say some white chocolate stripes, to improve appearance somewhat. The contours of both bar and crispy cereals look nice. Appearance: 6, 5 out of 10.

The bar has a surprisingly nice aroma of milk chocolate and coconut. No coconut is listed in the declaration, so perhaps the coconut aroma stems from condensed milk used in the making of this bar. Aroma: 7, 5 out of 10.

The first reaction I got when biting into this bar was that it had a somewhat odd mouth feel and texture. It is hard to bite into, there is crunch and there is chewy toffee. In the mouth it simply does not work out as it is too tough and chewy to my taste. Texture: 6 out of 10

I found the flavour to be uninteresting and lacking in character. There are flavours of toffee and vanilla and the sweetness is nicely balanced – that is – it is not too sweet. Perhaps this is a bar that many may like, though to my mind, it is simply not sufficiently interesting. Flavour: 6 out of 10.

Average 6, 5

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...