onsdag den 9. november 2011

Review: Fazer Dumle


Dumle, from Finnish Fazer, offers a timeless combination of caramel toffee covered with milk chocolate. Promising a mild and sweet experience this offering should have a broad appeal that should offend no one.

The first thing I noted is that the appearance is signalling a laid back, childish thing. And while this one may be intended for kids I think that it does not clearly signal what kind of candy this is. So even if grown ups might like these toffees they a) get no clear indication of what it is and b) might be put of by the childish appearance. Appearance: 7 out of 10.

The aroma is dominated by an artificial smelling essence of some sort which I found quite unpleasant and overpowering making it hard to identify more than hints of toffee and chocolate. Aroma: 5 out of 10.

Initially this toffee has a nice soft texture. But as the outer layer of chocolate melts away it becomes a cross between toffee and chewing gum. I did not like the chewing gum consistency and I don’t think a caramel toffee like this one should “end” in this manner. I think the texture could be much improved if it simply ended in a soft chewy consistency. Texture: 6 out of 10.

Taste wise I think the artificial aroma is much too overpowering, though the toffee has good sweetness. Otherwise I think that there is not much character in the flavour. While I realize that an offering such as this one in all probability aims to be sweet and mild I think a good opportunity for improvement would be to cut back on the aroma and put a little more love and care into the making of this toffee. Aroma: 7 out of 10.

Despite the above I have no doubt that this should be popular with kids and grown ups who like mild and sweet toffees.

Average 6, 25 out of 10.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...