torsdag den 26. april 2012

Review: Revisting Marabou Premium 86%


A reader asked med to do a re-review of the Marabou 86% (Premium series), as she believed the score should be somewhat higher. Having revisited this bar, however, did not lead to any major changes in my perception of this bar.

 I will not cover what I already said of this chocolate. I still think that aroma and snap are both nice.

The major problem area, in my opinion is the flavour. The initial sweetness I described in my original review is still there, but it disappears faster than I remember. The remaining flavour is so bitter and chemical tasting that it’s simply not a pleasure to eat. Perhaps you will say that bitterness is characteristic of such high content cocoa bars. That’s true enough – to a certain extent. First of all I have had nice 80+% bars that I am quite happy to munch into. Second of all, this bar has no fruit or complexity in the flavour. I found that flavour improved a little a day after opening, but not enough that I would buy it again.

If anything I would score the flavour a full point lower than the 7/10 I had assigned it in the originalreview.

This would result in am average score of 7 out of 10.

After having done a retest of this bar I have a hard time imagining what the target group is for this bar. Perhaps people who thin that 86% chocolate is acceptable on a diet? I don’t know. But I do not think you get very good value for your money with this bar.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...